nagios to mrtg

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Thu Oct 20 00:16:50 CEST 2005

In message <200510191750.44182.jun at lifecapturemedia.com>,
Jun Li writes:
>Anyone can let me know how to put some link in the main frame not the side
>bar,for example in service detail main frame in my nagios web site to link
>to ../www/html/mrtg/myhost.html, so, for example, people can see the charts
>as well as can check mrtg log.

Look in the documentation for custom headers and footer. If my patch
of a year ago has been applied, you will see something like:

  It is important to note that, unless the custom header and footer
  files are executable, they are not processed in any way before they
  are displayed. The contents of the header and footer include files are
  simply read and displayed in the CGI output. That means they can only
  contain information a web browser can understand (HTML, JavaScript,
  etc.).

The above is from the nagios 2 documentation that includes the patch.
If that isn't in the documentation you are using, you can try to find
the patch and apply it.

The executable header/footer is basically a CGI that can emit HTML and
add whatever menu items you wish.

				-- rouilj
John Rouillard