HTTP/SSL/Proxy

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Oct 19 16:32:37 CEST 2005

check_http won't work for you in this situation. In order to tunnel the
SSL connection through the proxy, check_http would need to know that it
was using a proxy and to issue the CONNECT command to initiate the SSL
connection to the remote host. That functionality doesn't exist, at
least in nagios-plugins-1.4.1 as far as I can tell.

> 2.  If the answer to 1 is no, is there a curl wrapper already out
> there I can adapt to save me rolling my own.

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:9MLnLj8xHPMJ:sentinix.tigerteam.se/
todo.shtml+nagios+curl+wrapper&hl=en&client=firefox-a

The above implies that there was one created for Sentinix but it doesn't
seem to be generally available, nor is it clear that it has the
functionality you want. It should be pretty straightforward to create
one though using the 'Plugin Output for Nagios' guidelines at

http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html#PLUGOUTPUT

--
Marc