(No output returned from host check)

Albert Whale aewhale at ABS-CompTech.com
Wed Oct 19 14:52:57 CEST 2005

Replying to my own posting for the sake of the archive (in case this
occurs to anyone else).

The Host Check function is defined for the host when it is defined.  You
can review the current setting/definition by selecting the View Config
side panel menu and then selecting the Hosts drop-down option.  The
current Host Check Command for all hosts is displayed.  Verify that the
'Host Check Command' is accurate, and executable by the Nagios user.

In my situation, I was deploying the nrpe plugin, along with NagiosSQL
configuration guide.  It was a late night, and the host check setting
was changed at some point in time earlier.

Hope that this is useful to someone else in the future.

--
Albert E. Whale, CHS CISA CISSP
Sr. Security, Network, Risk Assessment and Systems Consultant