Is it possible to group hosts together in the status map?

Greg Vickers g.vickers at qut.edu.au
Wed Oct 19 14:00:28 CEST 2005

Hi Eivind,

Eivind Olsen wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm currently setting up Nagios, and one of the things I'm wondering
> about is: can I somehow group several hosts together? I know I can
> either hardcode coordinates (with lines going everywhere?) or I can set
> a parent-relationship, but how can I do this if I for example have 20
> hosts on the same network segment, and I want to split 5 of them into a
> separate group on the status map?

I know of no other way to group hosts in the 2/3d view apart from what
gets spat out as a result of setting up parent values for hosts apart
from manually specifying the co-ordinates, sorry. (And then you may have
to change the co-ordinates if hosts move/add in the network!)

--
Greg Vickers
Project Manager, IT Security

Phone: (07) 3864 9536