A stupid question about 1 time config

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Oct 19 10:59:43 CEST 2005

CC Yuen wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I just installed nagios and begin to config some monitor target, beside cgi.cfg,
> nagios.cfg, what else I should config too? It prompt up an error when I enable
>
> cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/hosts.cfg
> cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/hostgroups.cfg
> cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/services.cfg
>
> I have follow a sample setting from nagios site, what I need to notice?

RTFM or pay someone to do it for you. Nagios is complex, so its
configuration files are complex. Complexity means special knowledge and
special knowledge costs money. Pay the money or learn the knowledge.
Simple as that.

If you have a specific question (i.e. not along the lines of "How can I
make things work perfectly for me? Please provide working configuration
and hold my hand all day every day for the rest of my life, since I'm
too lazy to read documentation and learn something."), I'd be happy to
answer it for you.

> Thanks a lot

You're welcome.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se