CGI page error

Alex Farrer alexanderf at autonomy.com
Tue Oct 18 18:29:06 CEST 2005

I've setup Nagios and it is running fine, apart from I cannot access the CGI
pages from the web interface, getting an Internal Server Error message.
Checking my httpd error log I can see many instances of errors like this:

Permission denied: exec of '/usr/local/nagios/sbin/status.cgi' failed,
referer: http://nagios/nagios/side.html

Premature end of script headers: status.cgi, referer:
http://nagios/nagios/side.html

I compiled Nagios entirely using the default options. Here are the
directives from httpd.conf:

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/local/nagios/sbin/

<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin/">

Options ExecCGI

AllowOverride AuthConfig

Order allow,deny

Allow from all

</Directory>

Alias /nagios/ /usr/local/nagios/share/

<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">

Options None

AllowOverride AuthConfig

Order allow,deny

Allow from all

</Directory>

At the moment authentication is disabled in the config file.

It's probably a really basis error, but I can't figure it out!

I am running Nagios 1.2

Plugins 1.4.2

Apache 2.0.54

Fedora core 4