check_procs: Unknown argument - (null)

Gavin Henry ghenry at suretecsystems.com
Tue Oct 18 13:51:01 CEST 2005

<quote who="Tedman Eng">

Sorry. I thought I had covered everything, obviously not.

> Provide some context please.
>
> Wheere are you seeing this "Unknown argument error"?

In the nagios.log and via the web interface.

> What does the pre-flight check say?

nagios -v ??

-----------------------
Nagios 2.0b4
Copyright (c) 1999-2005 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org)
Last Modified: 08-02-2005
License: GPL

Reading configuration data...

Running pre-flight check on configuration data...

Warning: Size of service_message struct (528 bytes) is > POSIX-guaranteed
atomic  write size (512 bytes).  Service checks results may get lost or
mangled!
Checking services...
        Checked 6 services.
Checking hosts...
        Checked 1 hosts.
Checking host groups...
        Checked 1 host groups.
Checking service groups...
        Checked 0 service groups.
Checking contacts...
        Checked 1 contacts.
Checking contact groups...
        Checked 1 contact groups.
Checking service escalations...
        Checked 0 service escalations.
Checking service dependencies...
        Checked 0 service dependencies.
Checking host escalations...
        Checked 0 host escalations.
Checking host dependencies...
        Checked 0 host dependencies.
Checking commands...
        Checked 22 commands.
Checking time periods...
        Checked 1 time periods.
Checking extended host info definitions...
        Checked 0 extended host info definitions.
Checking extended service info definitions...
        Checked 0 extended service info definitions.
Checking for circular paths between hosts...
Checking for circular host and service dependencies...
Checking global event handlers...
Checking obsessive compulsive processor commands...
Checking misc settings...

Total Warnings: 1
Total Errors:   0

Things look okay - No serious problems were detected during the pre-flight
check
-----------------------

> What is in your checkcommands.cfg section for check_local_procs?

define command{
     command_name   check_local_procs
     command_line   $USER1$/check_procs -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$ -s $ARG3$
}

--
Kind Regards,
Gavin Henry.