$SERVICEOUTPUT$ wierdness

James S. White james at jameswhite.org
Mon Oct 17 17:38:23 CEST 2005

I upgraded from 2.0b2 to 2.0b4 and now some of my servicechecks say
"(No output!)" even when running it by hand produces:
"Load : 0.00 0.00 0.00 : OK "

I can copy the 2.0b2 binary of "nagios" from a working (production) system
and overwrite the 2.0b4 binary and My output is then seen by nagios and passed
to nagiostat.

Further examination showed that $SERVICEOUTPUT$ wan empty. Was this something
that was introduced with the 2.0b3 changelog item "Fixed segfaults in CGIs
where plugin output was NULL"? Or does nagios now do strict output checking
of the servicechecks. This seems to only effect plugins whose output doesn't
take the form: TAG STATUS - <data> <data> as in:

CPU OK - 0 0 99 246458 43619 40728186 2312

I hate the idea that I will have to re-configure nagiostat's regular
expressions.

James S. White                             primary/voip: (615) 469-0268
928 Mountain Valley Dr.          .O.             mobile: (256) 476-2619
Nashville, TN 37209              ..O               work: (615) 341-8218
http://www.jameswhite.org        OOO        work-mobile: (615) 519-5160
james at jameswhite.org                                fax: (866) 260-5465