Check_http

Rob Moss robmossrm at aol.com
Mon Oct 17 16:01:49 CEST 2005

Pascal MIQUET wrote:

> Using NAGIOS 2 Nagios Plugins 1.4.2
> If I issue the command ./check_http -H 192.168.1.4  I get the warning
> HTTP/1.1 403 Fobidden
> with the -v option I get the content of the default web server, which
> is a Centos 3.5
>
> On the web server side, I got a Directory index forbidden by rule :
> /var/www/html/
>
> So all seems that the server side needs to be tuned to get the right
> response.
> Note that if I issue the command check_http -H 192.168.1.4 -u /nagios
> the response is OK

This is the webserver configuration causing the problem.

To work around this, drop an index file (usually named 'index.html')
into the /var/www/html directory..

If that doesn't work, you need to check your configuration and see why
it's giving a 403 forbidden error, usually to do with directory
permissions, or missing index file..

rob.