Configuration error (NULL value)

David Leangen dleangen at canada.com
Mon Oct 17 06:17:16 CEST 2005

Hello!

I am trying to configure my first Nagios installation. I based my config
on the minimal.cfg-sample file.

Unless I have a completely empty file, I keep getting the following error:

Error in configuration file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg' - Line 1
(NULL value)

I think it is a bit odd that I get this no matter what I have in the
file. Any ideas why this would happen?

Thank you!