Reducing Load on a Distributed Nagios Installation

Jan-Piet Mens jpm at retail-sc.com
Sat Oct 15 11:53:57 CEST 2005

We've experienced quite a bit of load on a distributed Nagios
installation with several thousand passive service checks which
are supplied to a central Nagios server via NSCA. Our central
Nagios 1.2 server started swapping and subsequently thrashed
itself to death. After a bit of debugging, we've come up with a
solution which may be interesting to those in a similar position.

We've documented the proceedings as well as the solution we
implemented at http://wiki.fupps.com/nagios/icmp

Regards,
	-JP