Problem with Cingular TAP Gateway

Stover, Beth BStover at NorcalMutual.com
Fri Oct 14 23:35:27 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've been using Nagios ver 1 to send SMS text pages to my cell  through
a Cingular TAP gateway since April. The number I'm using:

(408)961-2819

A few weeks ago, my SMS alerts stopped working through the TAP gateway.
All other alerts are working fine.

Is anyone else having a problem with the Cingular TAP gateway????

I've verified that I cannot send SMS text pages through the TAP gateway
from sms_client, ppp on Unix, cu on UNIX, and an SMS client for Windows.
In each case, the TAP Gateway server is prompting me for a login id:

ID=

I never had to enter a login ID before.  Cingular insists that there is
no login prompt even though I'm getting one.

I've been troubleshooting with Cingular for almost a week, and they
insist that the problem is on my end.  If anyone else is having a
similar problem, it would be helpful to explain to Cingular that other
people are also affected.

Thanks!

Beth Stover
Systems Administrator