Where to enable service check commands.

Kevin Hanser kevin at mica.net
Fri Oct 14 23:30:45 CEST 2005

Looks like maybe you have a typo?  See below..

Sudheer Muddappa wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am running nagios 1.3 on Debian Linux.
>
> <snip>

I have created a icmp.cfg file like below.

> # 'check_icmp' command definition
> define command{
>        command_name    check-icmp
>        command_line    /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_icmp -H
> $HOSTADDRESS$ -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$
> }
>
> When I run a flight check i get this error
> Service check command 'check_icmp' specified in service 'ICMP' for
> host 'navigant_prod' not defined anywhere!

In your command definition above, your "command_name" is "check-icmp".
The error message indicates that it's looking for "check_icmp".  If you
notice, in the command definition you're using a dash ( - ), and in the
error message it's using an underscore ( _ ).

Change the command_name to check_icmp and it may take care of it..