how does nagios call service

Tao Yaoning yonienjcn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 18:52:21 CEST 2005

Hi, all

I use nagios 1.x to monitor my network, it works greatly. Now I want to
upgrade nagios to 2.0b4. So I just set up a new nagios server with nagios
2.0b4 package, and copy all configuration files from old nagios server to
new server and edit all configuration files to make them have correct syntax
for nagios 2.

Every thing is fine except one problem.

I use check_snmp_apcups plugin to monitor my ups. It works very fine in
nagios 1.x, but in nagios 2.0b4, it always tell me an error "**ePN failed to
compile /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_snmp_apcups: "Global symbol "$script"
requires explicit package name at (eval 5) line 23,Global symbol
"$script_version" requires explicit package name at (eval 5) line 31." I
checked the file, it's OK, it looks like this
$script = "check_snmp_apcups";
$script_version = "2.1.0";
and these global symbol are useless in the check_snmp_apcups. The script
only call them when display the help messages.

I configure my UPS_services like
/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_snmp_apcups -H 192.168.0.10<http://192.168.0.10>
I can run this command manually and get the correct reslut. but nagios
server couldn't.

nagios.apache is the owner of the check_snmp_apcups

So, anybody can give me some idea to resolve this problem?

Thanks