check_snmp for disk space notification problem

John Joseph jjk_saji at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 07:22:52 CEST 2005

Hi
     Looking through your command definition , I am
little  confused why u are passing the community
string , it  should be  something like -C $ARG1$
, not -C community-string , later when u define
services , pass  the  value  using
“Check_command_arguments”

          I am adding my command definition  and
services definition , please check the notification
option in services.cfg
              Thanks
                 joseph John

from  "checkcommands.cfg"
# 'SnmpDisk' command definition 54
define command{
	command_name			SnmpDisk
	command_line			$USER1$/check_snmp_storage.pl -H
$HOSTADDRESS$ -C $ARG1$  -m $ARG2$ -w $ARG3$ -c $ARG4$

}

# 'snmpmodified' command definition 55
define command{
	command_name			snmpmodified

*****************************
$USER1$/check_snmp_storage.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C
$ARG1$ -m $ARG2$ -w $ARG3$ -c $ARG4$
*****************************

   Service.cfg

# 'SNMP Disk /OPT1 Values' service definition 108
#
#
#service_id 277
define service{
        service_description             SNMP Disk
/OPT1 Values
        host_name                       devdb
        check_command
snmpmodified!john!/opt1!80!95
        max_check_attempts              20
        normal_check_interval           3
        retry_check_interval            20
        active_checks_enabled           1
        check_period                    24x7
        freshness_threshold             0
        low_flap_threshold              0
        high_flap_threshold             0
        notification_interval           20
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        notifications_enabled           1
        contact_groups                  IT-Support
        stalking_options                 o,w,u,c
        }

--- Gabriele Di Giambelardini <gabriele_d_g at yahoo.it>