Monitoring Nagios

Petrucci, Joseph Joseph.Petrucci at ddiworld.com
Mon Oct 10 17:16:01 CEST 2005

or is you do not have another machine that you want to install NAgios on at a few of my clients I simply setup an ssh connection between a UNIX machine and the Nagios server and ran the following shell script on a cron schedule

#!/bin/ksh
CNT=`/usr/local/ssh nagios.mydomain.com -l nagios "/usr/bin/ps -ef | /usr/bin/grep -c [n]agios"
if [ $CNT -lt 1 ]
then
   /usr/bin/echo Nagios process is down | /usr/bin/mail -S "ERROR NAGIOS" mypager at vtext.com
fi