Service Detail Displays Everything

Joe Regular joeregular at gov.nl.ca
Sat Oct 8 18:55:22 CEST 2005

Joe Regular wrote:
> Andreas,
>
> Thank you for taking the time to respond to my previous post.
>
> So far I have read the documentation section titled "Authentication And Authorization In The CGI's".  I have completed the section describing how to create the htpasswd.users file (htpasswd -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users) and I've created a user account for myself (htpasswd /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users jregular).  I then added my contact information to the contacts.cfg file and added myself to the correct groups in the contactgroups.cfg file.
>
> Having completed that, the problem is while I can only view the hosts to which I am a contact, I am able to see all services.  As for notifications, I am only notified for problems with regards to my host, however, I am notified for all problems related to all services.
>
> My inbox is filling up very fast and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Services have their own contact_groups option. It sounds to me like
you've only specified it properly for the hosts and have all your
contactgroups in a service template or some such.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

Thanks again Andreas,

I've checked the service.cfg file and under the contact_groups section, only those groups responsible for the services are listed.  Is there an issue with having multiple groups listed in the contact_groups section by any chance?

Joe.