R: Problem installing nagios-plugins (1.4.1.1): Perl (Net::SNMP) not found but installed!

Rob Moss robmossrm at aol.com
Fri Oct 7 11:34:50 CEST 2005

Sumit Malhotra wrote:

>You have no other option but to live with dependencies.  And believe me
>it's around a set of 5-6 RPMS's you need.
>
>You would be better off in resolving which all dependencies from apt-Get
>/ Yum repository of Diagweers.

Guys,

1. Perl has a module installation interface, called 'CPAN'  (refer to my
earlier post:  perl -MCPAN -e shell)
2. The Perl module Crypt::DES is a standard package in the perl CPAN
bundle, which you clearly haven't installed
3. Check for further dependencies by reading the perl script (it's text)
and looking at the first 30 or so lines where it has 'use' statements to
load in additional modules.

You can install the CPAN bundle with all the standard packages with the
following simple command (as root):

perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::CPAN'

Learning how to use the tools will make your life easier..

rob.