comple flag --with-template-extinfo

John Stile john at stilen.com
Thu Oct 6 21:25:59 CEST 2005

Will compiling with --with-template-extinfo result in the same access
perfdata as using --with-default-extinfo?  I'm not seeing any perfdata
sent to the program in the process-service-perfdata definition in
misccommands.cfg, so is this config file ignored if I use
--with-template-extinfo?

-----------------------
A longer story follows:
-----------------------
I use debian-3.1 with nagios-1.3 deb packages nagios-common and
nagios-mysql, and trying to get perfdata info an rrd.

By default the deb package is configure with this incantation:

./configure --prefix=/usr \
 --mandir=/usr/share/man \
 --bindir=/usr/sbin \
 --sbindir=/usr/lib/cgi-bin/nagios \
 --datadir=/usr/share/nagios/htdocs \
 --sysconfdir=/etc/nagios \
 --infodir=/usr/share/info \
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins \
 --localstatedir=/var/log/nagios \
 --with-ping-command="/bin/ping -n %s -c %d" \
 --with-mail=/usr/bin/mail --with-perlcache \
 --with-nagios-user=nagios \
 --with-nagios-grp=nagios \
 --with-template-objects \
 --build=$(DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE) \
 --host=$(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE)
 --with-pgsql-xdata
 --with-mysql-xdata
 --with-template-extinfo

This is missing the switch '--with-default-extinfo' but it has a
'--with-template-extinfo'.  I'm having a hard time finding a doc to tell
me the real difference, or how I must change what I am doing to gain
access to the perfdata.

Do I have to rebuild the package with '--with-default-extinfo'?

In /etc/nagios/nagios.conf:
  process_performance_data=1
  service_perfdata_command=process-service-perfdata

In /etc/nagios/cgi.bin
  nagios_check_command=/etc/nagios/check_nagios_db
  # DG EXTENDED DATA
  xeddb_host=localhost
  #xeddb_port=someport
  xeddb_database=nagios
  xeddb_username=nagios
  xeddb_password=nagios

In misccommands.cfg
 define command{
        command_name    process-service-perfdata
        command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "$LASTCHECK$\t$HOSTNAME$\t$SERVICEDESC$\t$SERVICESTATE$\t$SERVICEATTEMPT$\t$STATETYPE$\t$EXECUTIONTIME$\t$LATENCY$\t$OUTPUT$\t$PERFDATA$" >> /var/log/nagios/service-perfdata.out
 }

666 permissions on /var/log/nagios/service-perfdata.out
But noting ever goes into  /var/log/nagios/service-perfdata.out
No errors in nagios.log
Help!