problem - sticky acknowledgement through external command

circle fun circlefun at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 4 01:01:38 CEST 2005

Hi everyone,

I wanted to use external command to make a sticky acknowledgement for a
service problem.  Here is the command format I used:

[1128150002]
ACKNOWLEDGE_SVC_PROBLEM;<myHost>;<myService>;1;1;1;<myEmail>;<myComment>

I can acknowledge the problem successfully.  However, once the service's
state went from CRITICAL to WARNING, the acknowledgement got removed.  When
the service's state went from WARNING back to CRITICAL a few minutes later.
I got another alert.  I don't want to have to re-acknowlege the problem
everytime it changes state.  In other words, I want a sticky
acknowledgement.  Anyone have any advice for me.

Here is the environment I have
OS: fedora 4
Nagios's version: 2.0b4
what else do I need to put here?