good working GSM terminal to use with nagios?

James Peel james.peel at altinity.com
Sun Oct 2 13:37:42 CEST 2005

Hi Roy

> I'm looking for a good GSM terminal to use with Nagios to send alerts to
GSM phones.
> Connectivity should be serial/RS-232 and I don't need too much apart
from stability.

We use Fargo Maestro 100 GSM modems for SMS messaging and have been
impressed so far. They take a standard AT command set and are very
reliable.

http://www.fargotelecom.com/gb/products/meastro_modems.htm

If you contact Fargo Telecom they'll put you in touch with a local
reseller. We use RF Solutions: http://www.rfsolutions.co.uk/

If you are interested we have some code designed to allow Nagios to send
SMS messages via these devices.

Regards,
James Peel

http://www.altinity.com/