refreshing too fast

James Peel james.peel at altinity.com
Sun Oct 2 13:34:46 CEST 2005

Hi

> I installed nagios over debian 3.1, is working, but when I refres the
page
> of Status Grid For All Host Groups, sometimes eveything seem to be fine
> (green), and a few seconds after, some services take the unknown status.

> where I can control this effect?

I suspect there are multiple instances of Nagios running so you are
getting inconsistent results. Recommend shutting down Nagios and then
using pgrep / pkill to ensure no Nagios processes are still running.

Have found this problem sometimes occurs when you restart Nagios via the
standard init script: /etc/init.d/nagios restart.

James