Secure Http & Sql Server Checks.

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Nov 30 20:23:27 CET 2005

> -----Original Message-----
> From: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net [mailto:nagios-users-
> admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Mehmet Fatih AKBULUT
> Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 1:08 PM
> To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> Cc: hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
> Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Secure Http & Sql Server Checks.
>
> hi Hugo.
> its mssql server.

I still baffled why people don't try Google as a basic research tool.
Google is always an excellent way to quickly find out if a plugin might
exist and will almost always provide you with the information to find it
--

http://www.google.com/search?q=nagios+check+mssql&sourceid=mozilla-searc
h&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-

Or you can look at the plugins, the plugins contrib and the
plugins-scripts in the standard distribution --

[nagios-plugins-1.4.1]$ ./contrib/check_mssql.sh --help
which: no tsql in
(/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/mpowell/bin)

You did not supply enough arguments.

./contrib/check_mssql.sh checks Microsoft SQL Server connectivity. It
works with versions 7 and 2000.

You need a working version of FreeTDS (http://www.freetds.org/) and tsql
(included in FreeTDS 6.0+) to connect to the SQL server.
It was written by Tom De Blende (tom.deblende at village.uunet.be) in 2003.

Example:
 ./contrib/check_mssql.sh dbserver sa f00bar 2000

Or you can check nagiosexchange.org --

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Databases.57.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_vi
ew]=358

--