About check_by_ssh

David Elze elze at bytemine.net
Fri Nov 25 09:22:51 CET 2005

Am Freitag, den 25.11.2005, 07:54 +0100 schrieb Jean Frontin:

Hey,

> check_by_ssh -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -l root -w 3 -C "ps -ef | grep nmbd | grep -v
> grep"

OK, this can't work out because "-w 3" isn't an argument for
check_by_ssh. Just look at the exact output of this command, it will
tell you that check_by_ssh can just use the following options:

check_by_ssh [-f46] [-t timeout] [-i identity] [-l user] -H <host> -C
<command> [-n name] [-s servicelist] [-O outputfile] [-p port]

Things like "-w" or "-c" have to be inside the -C command like in the
example I gave you last time.

> It is false because I obtain a "unknowon argument" for -w. If I run the
> same command line without -w 3 it's fine but I havae warnings or unknown
> host, I know that it is not the case.

Maybe you use some special version of ps but as far as I know -f is an
argument that needs a file as parameter!? Anyway, if you want to check
if "nmbd" is still running, use something like

check_by_ssh -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -l root -C "$plugindir$/check_procs -w 1:2
-c1: -C nmbd"

CU
  David