AW: Nagios-db mysql module not working UPDATE

Mohr James james.mohr at elaxy.com
Thu Nov 24 22:26:34 CET 2005

I realized that I was actually compiling it against Nagios2.0b3. So I fixed the Makefile like this:

gcc -g -O2 -Wall -o inserter.o inserter.c -shared -I/opt/INSTALL/nagios/nagios-2.0b5/include/ -I/usr/include/mysql -lmysqlclient -fPIC

This gave me several messages like this:

inserter.c: In function `loadconfig':
inserter.c:345: warning: passing arg 3 of `neb_register_callback' makes integer from pointer without a cast
inserter.c:345: error: too few arguments to function `neb_register_callback'

There were only three arguments passed to neb_register_callback, although per nebmods.c it should be expecting 4:

int neb_register_callback(int callback_type, void *mod_handle, int priority, int (*callback_func)(int,void *)){

So I changed inserter.c accordingly:

        neb_register_callback(NEBCALLBACK_TIMED_EVENT_DATA,loadconfig, 0, loadconfig);
        neb_register_callback(NEBCALLBACK_HOST_STATUS_DATA,processStatus, 0, processStatus);
        neb_register_callback(NEBCALLBACK_SERVICE_STATUS_DATA,processStatus, 0, processStatus);
        neb_register_callback(NEBCALLBACK_HOST_CHECK_DATA,processCheck, 0, processCheck);
        neb_register_callback(NEBCALLBACK_SERVICE_CHECK_DATA,processCheck, 0, processCheck);

In all honesty, I have no idea if this change is correct. It *looks* right, but I am obviously not sure. Any help would be appreaciated.

Regards,

Jim Mohr