CGI error in 2.0b4 & 2.0b5

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Wed Nov 23 15:44:03 CET 2005

On 23 Nov 2005, at 13:49, Marcel Mitsuto Fucatu Sugano wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 11:47 +0100, Hans Veneman wrote:
>> In about 3% of the requests (for any of the cgi's) they give an
>> internal server error.
>
> Same here.
>
> Not tried within all cgis, but status.cgi gives me this error
> sometimes.
> Not sure if it is about 3% of time, but i've seen this error before.
> SuSE9.3, x86, with practically the same configure options.

I've got a small Nagios 2.0b5 installation I am playing with, but
haven't come across this.

I've run a small loop to hammer the status.cgi but no errors after
1000 iterations:

cd /usr/local/nagios/sbin
i=0; while [[ $i -lt 1000 ]] ; do REQUEST_METHOD=GET
REMOTE_USER=admin ./status.cgi > /dev/null; if [[ $? -ne 0 ]] ; then
echo "Error"; break; fi; let i=$i+1; done

I'm running on Debian 2.6.8-2-386.

I notice that the error Hans got from the strace was for nagios.log.
However, the sample configuration file for Nagios 2.0b5 has
status_file=nagios.dat (used to be status.log). Could you be using a
Nagios 1 config file for a Nagios 2 install?

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243
F: +44 (0)845 280 1725