Can not check Debian host

Wim De Geeter wim at gekkos.org
Wed Nov 23 11:52:00 CET 2005

  Hi,

  I have installed nagios 1.2 on a linux Suse 9.3. Everything works
fine, only I have also to check one Debian (3.1) host. Their is nrpe
(Version 1.9) running as  a daemon. When I check locally (check_users
-w 3 -c 5) its working fine. When I check this from the nagios server
(check_nrpe -H 'hostname' -p 'port' -c check_users) I have this as
output

  CHECK_NRPE: Socket timeout after 10 seconds

  On the Debian Server I become this as error

  nrpe: Could not read request from client, bailing out...

  Anyone an idea, I have no problems with all my other (not Debian)
hosts.Thanks