Problem in configuring the Nagios

VINAY_SHARMA at advanex.co.jp VINAY_SHARMA at advanex.co.jp
Wed Nov 23 07:19:04 CET 2005

hi,

  check your

Error: Could not register command (config file
'/opt/nagios/etc/minimal.cfg', starting on line 76)

file minimal.cfg in nagios etc folder on that line.just make it comment
and try to configure as like you.

cheers

Thanks & regards
**************************************
Vinay Sharma
Information Systems and Solutions-Associates
Advanex Inc (www.advanex.co.jp)
Fon     : 813-3822-5863
Fax     : 813-5815-7881
Email   : vinay_sharma at advanex.co.jp

"Mrutyunjaya Dash" <mdash at juniper.net>
送信者: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
2005/11/22 23:57

        宛先:   <Thomas.Zimmer at oppenheim.de>,
<nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
        cc:
        件名:   RE: [Nagios-users] Problem in configuring the Nagios

Hi,

This is the out put I got when I executed the command

[root at cvtracker nagios]# bin/nagios -v etc/nagios.cfg

Nagios 2.0b4
Copyright (c) 1999-2005 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org)
Last Modified: 08-02-2005
License: GPL

Reading configuration data...

Error: Command 'check-host-alive' has already been defined
Error: Could not register command (config file
'/opt/nagios/etc/minimal.cfg', starting on line 76)

***> One or more problems was encountered while processing the config
files...

     Check your configuration file(s) to ensure that they contain valid
     directives and data defintions.  If you are upgrading from a previous
     version of Nagios, you should be aware that some
variables/definitions
     may have been removed or modified in this version.  Make sure to read
     the HTML documentation regarding the config files, as well as the
     'Whats New' section to find out what has changed.

Regards,