No Nagios web/apache display

Eric X. Holzapfel ewh at groupoliver.com
Wed Nov 23 03:44:47 CET 2005

Hello Group,
I have sucessfully installed Nagios on one system (Red hat Fedora Core 4).
I have attempted to install Nagios on  another system (identical, RC4, etc).
I am trying nagios-2.0b5 now, the first system was the b4 verison.

I get no errors from the nagios -v command (the nagios.cfg file is located in /usr/local/nagios)
I get no errors in the log file.

I get only the "Whoops" error message in apache, which is says "cannot read your config files" etc.

Also, apache will not start without a warning about the Alias probably wont work because of an earlier alias.

All i did was add the two code snippets from the sample-config into the httpd.conf file (this worked find on the first system I set up).  As soon as i add those snippets that is when I get the apache warning.

I have followed the documentation as to users, chown, etc.  including the .htaccess stuff.

Any ideas on where I can look for errors here??? I will guess something wrong with apache.

Thanks

eric