Problem in configuring the Nagios

Mrutyunjaya Dash mdash at juniper.net
Tue Nov 22 15:40:28 CET 2005

Hi Nagios Experts,

I am very much new to nagios, I have just untared, compiled, make and
installed. I would just let you all know how exactly I installed

./configure --prefix=/opt/nagios --with-cgiurl=/nagios/cgi-bin
--with-htmurl=/nagios --with-nagios-user=nagios
--with-nagios-group=nagios
make all
make install
make install-init
make install-commandmode
make install-config

Now when I trying to access the nagios interface, I am able to navigate
to the nagios main page but the cgi file are not working.

The configuration whatever I have made in apache configuration file for
nagios is like as below.

Alias /nagios /opt/nagios/share

<Directory "/opt/nagios/share">
    Options None
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ "/opt/nagios/sbin/"

<Directory "/opt/nagios/sbin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny