Remove nagios

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 04:28:50 CET 2005

On 11/18/05, Master Virtuoso <master at virtuosonetsolutions.com> wrote:

> How do I completely uninstall Nagios from my Centos Linux box? I am getting
> the below errors
>
> and wish to remove it:

Depends entirely on how you installed it. Assuming you did it the
"Right Way" on an rpm based system like centos/rhel... you can do
"service nagios stop" followed by 'rpm -e nagios'

If you installed from source, you'll have to kill the process and
remove the files from where ever you told the installer to put them.

> Found this in the logs....

Good for you. Shows you're reading.

> [...]
>
> Nov 13 14:01:42 server3 nagios: Warning: Return code of 127 for check of
> service 'Current Load' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the
> plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
>
> Nov 13 14:02:42 server3 nagios: Warning: Return code of 127 for check of
> service 'Current Users' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the
> plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
>
> Nov 13 14:03:42 server3 nagios: Warning: Return code of 127 for check of
> service 'PING' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin
> you're trying to run actually exists.
>
> Nov 13 14:04:42 server3 nagios: Warning: Return code of 127 for check of
> service 'Root Partition' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure
> the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
>
> Nov 13 14:05:42 server3 nagios: Warning: Return code of 127 for check of
> service 'Total Processes' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure
> the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
>
> Nov 13 14:06:42 server3 nagios: Warning: Return code of 127 for check of
> service 'Current Load' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the
> plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
>
> Nov 13 14:07:19 server3 pure-ftpd: (?@127.0.0.1) [INFO] New connection from
> 127.0.0.1
>
> Nov 13 14:07:19 server3 pure-ftpd: (?@127.0.0.1) [INFO] Logout.
>
> Nov 13 14:07:42 server3 nagios: Warning: Return code of 127 for check of
> service 'Current Users' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the
> plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
>
> Nov 13 14:08:42 server3 nagios: Warning: Return code of 127 for check of
> service 'PING' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin
> you're trying to run actually exists.
>
> Nov 13 14:09:42 server3 nagios: Warning: Return code of 127 for check of
> service 'Root Partition' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure
> the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
>
> Nov 13 14:10:42 server3 nagios: Warning: Return code of 127 for check of
> service 'Total Processes' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure
> the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
>
> Nov 13 14:11:42 server3 nagios: Warning: Return code of 127 for check of
> service 'Current Load' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the
> plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
>
> Nov 13 14:12:42 server3 nagios: Warning: Return code of 127 for check of
> service 'Current Users' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the
> plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
>
> Nov 13 14:13:42 server3 nagios: Warning: Return code of 127 for check of
> service 'PING' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin
> you're trying to run actually exists.
>
> Nov 13 14:14:42 server3 nagios: Warning: Return code of 127 for check of
> service 'Root Partition' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure
> the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.

I really hope you're not removing it because you couldn't configure it
properly......

>   Prepare to be Virtuotized™

I don't think I want to know what that means.

>   Reboot. reboot at virtuosonetsolutions.com

Since when do commands get their own email addresses?

>   Click here to speak to a live representative

If I click it, will I have to help the representative too?

--
Jim Perrin
System Architect - UIT