wtf?!

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Fri Nov 18 04:19:31 CET 2005

This is going to be a real pain to track down, as the originating
address isn't subscribed to any of the lists. I imagine that someone
signed up using a different address and is feeding list postings into
a spam engine.

After getting my own personal spam from the same bot, I turned to
spamcop.com and pasted in the full headers.  Spamcot indicates that
abuse reports should be sent to ABUSE at SBCGLOBAL.NET.  If enough
people complain, mabye we'll get some results.  I'm not expecting too
much though... Hope that helps.

On 17 Nov 2005 at 12:26, Subhendu Ghosh wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Chris Withers wrote:
>
> > wtf is this?
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > junk wrote:
> >> Hey    You got the wrong address but maybe you should check out
> >> http://www.GMAIL.COM.AU
> >>

> This is a spambot that seems to have subcribed the the list.
> The messages were coming from *server-web.com.  The site was added to the
> mailman filters yesterday. If this is a new site, need to adjust the
> filters again and find the rouge subscriber.
>
> --
> -sg

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer