Nagios Presentation Reviewers

Chris Burgess chris at chrisburgess.com.au
Fri Nov 18 00:37:21 CET 2005

Hi All,

I¹m putting the final touches on a presentation that I¹ll be delivering to
The Australian Open Source Developers' Conference (http://www.osdc.com.au)
in a few weeks. My presentation has been reviewed with some suggestions of
making the slides *much* less wordy and making the focus of the talk
clearer. I will try to address these comments and work on it a little before
the final submission. I want it to be a really good talk!

I would greatly appreciate any feedback from Nagios users. I¹m particularly
interested in examples of how Nagios is being integrated with security tools
in the real world. Any unusual examples or screenshots would be very cool
:-)

I am happy to give full credit to all reviewers.

The slides can be downloaded as a PDF from:
http://www.chrisburgess.com.au/nagios/

The title of the talk is ³Monitoring Anything and Everything with Nagios²
with the following description: ³Nagios is a popular Open Source monitoring
framework that can be used to monitor pretty much anything you can dream of.
This talk will give some practical examples of what can done with some
working demonstrations. We will also cover how monitoring plays an essential
part in maintaining a secure information systems environment. The aim of the
talk is to point attendees in the right direction to go away implement their
own powerful, custom monitoring solutions using Nagios.²

If anyone has any use for the material in the slides, please feel free to
use it as you wish.

Cheers,
Chris