check_netapp nagios plugin howto

Lori Adams ladams at cloudmark.com
Thu Nov 17 19:20:20 CET 2005

You don't quite have everything set up right for nrpe.  It has nothing
to do at this point with your netapp script.

If you're using nrpe, then your checkcommand needs to reflect that:
Right now, you're not even calling nrpe.

define command {
            command_name            check_nrpe

            command_line
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c $ARG1$

}

Your service config would then be:

define service {

            check_command           check_nrpe!check_netapp1

}

Read the docs again about nrpe.

-Lori