getting complicated with nagiosgraph

Mark Limburg mark.limburg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 06:03:20 CET 2005

Howdy,

Well, I finally got nagiosgraph to work (man I just love it when the
solution is really simple and continually overlooked), and now I'm thinking
of what to do next. So, here's my ideas and was wondering if anyone else in
Nagios List Land has done or seen anything simular.

Is it possible to take pre-existing data and combine it? For example, to be
able to get the #Users, #Procs, System Load, etc .. from multiple machines,
and combine them into one graph. In my specific case, I have five machines
running in a production environment, and would like to see the like data on
one graph. One graph, five lines, giving a quick overview of each machine
and whats doing.

I'm making a html page linked from side.html which will display these
graphs, reloading each 5 mins, to give our staff and management a single
point of view as to what is doing what in production.

You know, once I get this thing done, I think I'll start a web journal on
all this ...