Please tell me a sane way to comment out hosts/services

prosolutions at gmx.net prosolutions at gmx.net
Sat Nov 12 01:41:52 CET 2005

> On mine I put a # sign in front of the line and it remarks the line out.

I know, its just that doing that 200+ times for all the lines gets
tiresome...  There should be one straightforward way to say "I don't
want this host (and all its associated services monitored) without
having to put "#" in front of a zillion lines.  The 'register' paramater
was tempting, but actually didn't have the desired effect, and seems to
only work for hosts stanzas and not service ones.  Also, it says in the
docs that to disable checks for hosts to leave the argument blank for
'check_command' but doing this causes an error.  Commenting it out it
seems to still do ping checks.  Its just a bit frustrating.  I think
there should be a clear way to tell this program "Look, I do NOT want
you to monitor this host. Period."  Something that requires only
changing one line.

I guess as the other reply stated I can invest some time and set up a
config generation system to help automate this...