.pl & .cgi files on apache

Andreas Kasenides ank at cs.ucy.ac.cy
Fri Nov 11 12:13:15 CET 2005

Mehmet Fatih AKBULUT wrote:

>altough i wrote :
>
>ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin "/usr/share/nagios/cgi-bin/"
><Directory "/usr/share/nagios/cgi-bin">
>    AllowOverride AuthConfig
>    Order allow,deny
>    Allow from all
>    Options ExecCGI
></Directory>
>
>(and of course Alias /nagios ...)
>
>in my httpd.conf file i still cannot view any .cgi or .pl works on apache :(
>
>when i try to see the result of a simple pl script :
>
>http://127.0.0.1/nagios/cgi-bin/foo.pl
>
>i get this error :
>
>The requested URL /nagios/cgi-bin/foo.pl was not found on this server.
>
>what should i do ?
>help me please ...

Are you sure that the directory permissions where foo.pl lives are correct?
Directories and files must be owned (or proper permissions given) the
user  with which the
web server is running (in your case  /usr/share/nagios/cgi-bin/).
Directories must allow reading and
searching from the ie at least r_x. The most usual problem in this
scenario is proper permissions
on the directories/files. Start from there.

>by the way : Fedora Core 1 and nagios2.04b

>::: Please include Nagios version, plugin version (-v) and OS when reporting any issue.
>::: Messages without supporting info will risk being sent to /dev/null

Andreas Kasenides
e-mail: Andreas.Kasenides%at%cs.ucy.ac.cy
<mailto:Andreas.Kasenides%20at%20cs.ucy.ac.cy>
(replace the %at% above with @)