check_logs.pl question

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Nov 11 05:15:09 CET 2005

I'm
> sure can be used by many on the list :)

You could modify check_logs or you could use an event handler. An event
handler will be called when the service changes state and you can pass
it the plugin output. Use that to get the number of lines then have your
event handler ssh or whatever to your remote host and grab the info out
of the log file that you need and e-mails is.  There's a good example in
the docs that you can use as a starting point.

--
Marc