check_disk_remote - time out

Frank Ivey frank.ivey at dot.state.ga.us
Thu Nov 10 21:40:49 CET 2005

I've got an interesting problem with check_disk_remote. When the check
is run by nagios on one specific host, it returns a "Service Check Timed
Out" error.  If I run the check_disk_remote manually at the command line
as the nagios user for that specific host's ip, the return is with in 2
seconds. The check_disk_remote service is set for a 90 second timeout so
that's not the problem. Other remote tests, those that also use ssh, for
that host are working fine. I've also verified I'm using the same ip for
the manul test as that used for that host's nagios host definition.

Any ideas as to what to check for?

Thanks
--
Frank Ivey