nsClient++ No Performance Data

nuffers at tsainc.com nuffers at tsainc.com
Wed Nov 9 16:47:54 CET 2005

After looking at several windows plugins, I chose nsclient++ for our
environment.  Is any one else having problems collecting performance data
from nsClient++?

I use perfparse to collect performance data. I have several services with
nsclient++ that aren't collecting performance data. There is an entry in
the perfparse database but no metrics are collected.

Following shows the checks as well as the performance data from it:

check_cpu       5m;7;80;90; 10m;6;80;90; 15m;5;80;90;
checkDriveSize   C:\;14%;50;75;
CheckFileSize   c:\pagefile.sys;1607442432;1073741824;536870912;
CheckMem        paged bytes;29%;80;90;

I have written some of my own checks and noticed that the output doesn't
conform to the Nagios plugin standard.

'label'=value[UOM];[warn];[crit];[min];[max]

Most of the outputs are missing the "=".   Does anyone have any thoughts?
I have tried posting on the nsClient++ forums but I'm getting no response.
 I really like the tool.

Steve Nuffer
                                      ACI Worldwide    330 S. 108th Ave.
Omaha, NE 68154-2684
proprietary or non-public information.  This information
is intended solely for the designated recipient(s).  If an addressing or
transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please
notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.  Any review,
dissemination, use or reliance upon this information by
unintended recipients is prohibited.  Any opinions expressed in this
e-mail are those of the author personally.