Check Ldap problem

Ray La Peyre ray.lapeyre at itng.com.au
Wed Nov 9 00:42:54 CET 2005

Hi List

I am using the check_ldap plugin to check the ldap on my Active Directory
server. The check from the command line gives a positive response but ldap
is not working for me. I used ethereal to check what happens and I see that
it goes to the server with a bind request which is then approved by the
server. It then sends a search request and gets the first packet of the
search entry fine. So far so good. However the second packet of the search
entry gives an error of:

Invalid LDAP message (Can't parse sequence header: Wrong type for that item)

I am not sure why this happens and why the check ldap plug does not pick
this up.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

 <http://www.itng.com.au>