check_disk on Solaris 8 and 9

Aaron Carr aaronhcarr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 17:41:57 CET 2005

Has anyone resolved the issue with the check_disk plugin on Solaris
returning "Disk "" not mounted or nonexistant"?

I have two Solaris machines that were here before I started this position
that both return the above error when check_disk is run. One is Solaris 8,
one is 9, both are SPARC. The error occurs regardless of whether I run it
via ssh (which is how all of my actual checks get run) or locally. It's also
the same result whether I leave it blank (to check all partitions), use
mount points, or use disk devices.

I searched the archives and found several emails about the error, but none
seemt to successfully address the problem.

Any info would be appreciated.

Aaron