Running NRPE under inetd (AIX)

Ayotunde Itayemi aitayemi at vmobile-nigeria.com
Mon Nov 7 22:00:01 CET 2005

Hi All,

I have not been able to successfully place NRPE under inetd's control on
AIX 5.3

I usually get a CRC error as a reply when checking it manually from the
command line.

The same command (except for using "-d" instead of "-c") works from the
command line

When starting NRPE as a standalone daemon. I have checked all the usual
stuff - permissions,

User and group, putting the "-i" at the end of the line in inetd.conf
etc.

Line from my inetd.conf

nrpe    stream  tcp     nowait  nagios /aixmon/nagios/sbin/nrpe -i -c
/aixmon/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg

Test with NRPE running as a standalone daemon

#/aixmon/nagios/sbin/check_nrpe -H 127.0.0.1 -c check_disk1

DISK OK - free space: / 213 MB (83%);| /=43MB;236;246;0;256

Test with NRPE running under INETD

#/aixmon/nagios/sbin/check_nrpe -H 127.0.0.1 -c check_disk1

CHECK_NRPE: Response packet had invalid CRC32.

Also I can't get the Statusmap link on the NAGIOS monitoring page to
come up.

It just comes up with "The page cannot be found" cannot be found error
page.

http://17.146.1200.10/nagios/cgi-bin/statusmap.cgi?host=all

Thank you.

Ayotunde Itayemi | Business Systems | IS-SYSTEMS | IS Group |
08022225919 | Vmobile Nigeria | http://itayemi.tripod.com/
<http://itayemi.tripod.com/>
"The only people to get even with are those who have helped you."
"Men ought to throw caution to the winds, and catch it on the
rebound..."