AW: Recording every service status check

Mohr James james.mohr at elaxy.com
Mon Nov 7 17:01:14 CET 2005

Isn't stalking illegal? ;-)

As an FYI, from what I see stalking would not do exactly what we need. http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/stalking.html says:

"If you enable stalking for one or more states of a particular host or service, Nagios will log the results of the host or service check if the output from the check differs from the output from the previous check."

Based on the description and example, if the message text was the same, even stalking would not record it.

Regards,

Jim Mohr