event handler macros

Roy Kidder nagios at jehster.net
Mon Nov 7 16:30:37 CET 2005

I'm writing a perl script that will be called as an event handler for a
down/hard host. The idea behind the script is to generate some simple
debugging output and email it to the contact group for the down host.

The problem is that the contact group macro ($CONTACTEMAIL$) isn't
available to event handlers.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I might determine the contact email
for a host in such a case?

Thanks in advance,
Roy