sms notification section

Rafael 'Dido' Sevilla dido at imperium.ph
Sat Nov 5 17:16:31 CET 2005

Oliver A. Rojo wrote:
> is there any plugin or nagios script which will do SMS notification via
> an SMS provider where in i can just set the SMS settings of the
> provider. Currently Im using gnokii but im trying to host my servers in
> a remote environment.

A simple way would be to use Kannel's [1] SMS push.  You could set up a
'pager command' to do a Kannel SMS Push via a simple HTTP GET request
using curl to the Kannel server, and if Kannel is properly configured,
you'll receive a message.  Kannel has full support for all the common
(and some not quite so common) SMSC protocols, including CIMD2, SMPP,
EMI/UCP, and it can also be used with GSM modems (where you can use
handsets such as the Nokia 7110 and later models that have a GSM modem
integrated, as well as actual GSM modems).

[1] http:/www.kannel.org/

--
By their own reckless arrogance they perished: childish fools,
They ate the Oxen of the Sun, and lost their hope of Home.