Disk Drive monitoring

Todd Barbera todd_barbera at wgbh.org
Fri Nov 4 18:13:06 CET 2005

"check_disk" comes with the default plugins. I actually rolled my own since
check_disk didn't really work for me. It wouldn't pickup non-ufs file
systems and I didn't like the reporting back to nagios. It's attached if you
want to use it. I like looking at the usage versus the percent of free space
so mine works in the opposite of check_disk. As to what settings to provide
it, it depends on how much growth you're file systems are likely to see and
when you think you need to be concerned.

Todd