Histogram report problem

Patrick De Muynck patrick at dreamtech.gr
Fri Nov 4 10:18:55 CET 2005

Miika, I second to your conclusion that there is a problem
with the Alert Histogram CGI.

It seems that the Alert Histogram CGI is calculating its histogram
based on the alarms from a time period which is NOT EXACTLY
the same time period that you configure.

Example: today (Nov 4), when I run an Alert Histogram for the month of
October, I get to see the 6 alarms on the second and third day of the
month.

There were no alarms on October 2nd or 3rd however.
Instead, the six alarms were generated on the 2nd and 3rd
day of *November* !

So there must be something wrong with how the Alert Histogram CGI
extracts the daily logs from the logfiles (i.e., I believe this does not
correspond exactly to the configured timeperiod).

Any further clues anybody?

My version: SuSE 9.0 (Linux 2.4.21-99), Nagios 1.2, plugins 1.3.1.

Thanks,

Patrick De Muynck
Dreamtech
Athens - Greece