Question about check_logs.pl

Mark Limburg mark.limburg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 03:56:10 CET 2005

Howdy,

Here's my question. I have a central nagios system talking to a freshly
installed NRPE enabled server. I'm planning on using check_logs.pl to
monitor a file for WARN, CRIT and ERROR. All good, and makes sense.

Now, my question is about rolling the file over. Midnight comes around, and
the file is changed to BLAH.DATE.LOG and BLAH.LOG is reset. How does the
plugin handle this, considering the way it does its checking of previous
instances of alerts? For example, say line 1, 3 and 5 have this alert
activated .. and when the logfile is rotated, does the check realise such
and re-establish the next and new line 1, 3 and 5 as new alerts?

Mark