Citrix and Nagios

Kevin Mau kmau at techpro.com
Wed Nov 2 17:51:57 CET 2005

I currently have the responsibility of monitoring a citrix and terminal
server farm and implementing monitoring on everything.
The biggest benefit's I think can be realized from using nc_net
installed on the server. With this im able to monitor everything and do
a lot of customized monitoring. Such as using performance counters to
monitor total ica users and inactive ica users as one small example.
This is a huge benefit because it quickly lets us know if our balancer
goes out of wack and to many users are being loaded onto one server.
Were also able to monitor disk i/o, cpu load, uptime, service states,
memory usage, event logs (HUGE HUGE benefit) write our own custom wmi
queries, processes running in memory. You can get as creative as you
want in how you want to monitor anything, between nc_net and nrpe I have
yet to find something im not able to monitor in some type of way.
Service pack level, hot fix's applied, etc